Come join us this month as we celebrate our American Alliance of Museums Re-accreditation through a variety of programs that highlight YOUR special museum. Originally awarded accreditation in 1974, the museum is one of only 21 museums in the State of Wisconsin to currently be accredited and of that 21, one of only 11 fine art museums to be accredited. We are so grateful to American Alliance of Museums for their support and believing in Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass for 48 years. The American Alliance Accreditation Program brings national recognition to a museum for its commitment to excellence, accountability, good governance practices and ethical behavior, high professional standards and continued institutional improvement. The month-long planned activities-many of which are admission free-highlight the museum’s special history and its focus on providing extraordinary glass experiences.
Events throughout the month include:
· Art Activity Day, Spiderweb Sun Catcher, Saturday, October 7, 10am–2pm
· Conversation with the Curator, A Celebration of Giving, Thursday, October 12, 6:30pm
· If These Walls Could Talk, a behind-the-scenes tour, Sunday, October 15, 2pm
· Wisconsin Science Festival Week:
– Glass blowing demonstrations, Tuesday, October 17, 4:30 & 6:30pm
– “Why Do Birds Sing?” A Badger Talk presentation by Lauren Riters, PhD, Thursday, October 19, 6pm
· Annual Member Meeting and Re-accreditation Celebration, Wednesday, October 25
· Special Museum Scavenger Hunt “Keeping It Glassy.” Complete it and get a prize! All Month. Admission Free
· Museum “Celebration” Raffle Basket in the Museum Shop. Valued at $300. Donate or spend $10 to enter to win. All Month. Raffle draw on October 31st.
We hope you will help YOUR Museum celebrate our special achievement! Come join the fun!
See you in the Galleries!
Amy G. Moorefield