The Fox Valley Area High School Glass Exhibition at Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass opened Saturday, March3rd to showcase talented young area artists and celebrate national Youth Art Month.
The museum offered schools an opportunity to bring students to the museum to work in The Glass Studio with artists, Sara Rezin, Beth Wenger Johnstone, and Taylor Moeller-Roy. Over the past several weeks 65 students from 12 area schools created work for the exhibition including: Valley New School, Menasha, Valders, New London, St. Mary Catholic, Freedom, New London, Kimberly, Berlin, Algoma, and Xavier.
Throughout the months of January and February, students worked in the glass studio creating objects using flame working techniques to make beads. Students experimented with a variety of fused glass methods. The majority of the works exhibited were created during these workshops. Additional artwork created at the schools will also be on display.
The following students received awards of recognition for their outstanding work:
- Elizabeth Siebers, Kimberly High School, Richeson School of Art & Gallery – Jack Richeson & Co., Inc. Award
- Cecelia Baiel, Valders High School, Richeson School of Art & Gallery – Jack Richeson & Co., Inc. Award
- Lindsey Standerfer, New London High School, Richeson School of Art & Gallery – Jack Richeson & Co., Inc. Award
- Gabriel Meulemans, Freedom High School – Oshkosh Fine Arts Association Award
- Katie Pitzrick, Berlin High School, Oshkosh Fine Arts Association Award
- Madison Moore, Kimberly High School, Art Star Creative Glass Studio Class Certificates on behalf of Northstar Asset Management for Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass
- Luz Teniente, Valders High School, Art Star Creative Glass Studio Class Certificates on behalf of Northstar Asset Management for Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass
The museum would like to thank the following exhibition sponsors: North Star Asset Management, The John E. Julien Fund of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Jack Richeson and Company, Oshkosh Fine Arts Association, season sponsors, Community First Credit Union and Boldt , and the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the state of Wisconsin and The National Endowment for the Arts.
The exhibit will be open throughout the month of March.